- Flavor Profile: Smooth and sharp
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Oconto Falls, WI
- Rennet: Vegetarian
**NOT AVAILABLE FOR SUMMER SHIPPING - WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN IN NOVEMBER**
A traditional Wisconsin Cheddar cheese wheel, sometimes referred to as hoop cheese. In the southern United States, a 22 pound cheddar wheel would be displayed on a counter and wedges would be cut from the wheel. It’s made by draining the whey from a cottage cheese then placing the curd into a round mold (the hoop) and pressing it out. Some are aged slightly to increase firmness, but the vast majority of hoop cheese produced is semi-soft.
AWARDS2009 - US and World Cheese Championship 1st place
2015 - US and World Cheese Championship 2nd place
Enjoy with a glass of...
Amber Ale, Belgian ale, Cider, IPA, Saison Ale, Scotch Ale
Crackers, Crusty bread, Fruit, Mustard
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized cow’s milk, salt, annatto color, enzymes, cultures
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.