- Flavor Profile: Sweet buttery and nutty
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Oslo
- Rennet: Animal
Jarlsberg is a mild, semi-soft cow’s milk cheese of Norwegian origin. Created by Anders Larsen Bakke, it resembles a Swiss Emmental with distinctive, open and irregular ‘eyes’. Many a times Jarlsberg is marketed as a Swiss cheese because of its characteristics, though it tends to be sweeter and stronger than Emmentaler. Beneath the yellow-wax rind of Jarlsberg is a semi-firm yellow interior that is buttery, rich in texture with a mild, nutty flavor. It is an all-purpose cheese, good for cooking as well eating as a snack. Since the cheese melts so well, Jarlsberg tastes delicious on sandwiches, fondues, quiches and on hot dishes.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Wheat Beer, Hefeweizen, Pilsner
Chablis, White Bordeaux, Pinot Noir
Thin-sliced turkey, Crisp seedless grapes, Buttered pumpernickel rounds
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized part skim milk, rennet, salt, culture
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.