- Age: 3 months
- Country: Netherlands
- Flavor Profile: Creamy, nutty and aromatic
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Rennet: Animal
Leyden cheese is a close cousin of Edam, made from rich, skimmed milk that gives the cheese a firm texture. The addition of cumin and carraway seeds gives leyden cheese a uniquely spicy flavor. The cumin seeds in the cheese draw whey from the leyden curds, drying the cheese as it ages in wax. The result is a crumbly cheese with a fragrant and zesty flavor and a buttery base. This traditional Dutch cheese is inspired by the era of the spice trade. Try this cheese with a dark, bitter chocolate or a soft and chewy caramel.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Any Full-bodied Beers
Veggie burgers, serve with rustic, hearty bread and pickled vegetables.
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized milk, salt, cumin seeds, starter culture, rennet, carotene (color)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.