- Flavor Profile: Grassy, mild with notes of mushroom
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Bavaria
- Rennet: Vegetarian
Limburger cheese is a soft, surface ripened cheese. Limburger cheese is world renowned for being one of the most pungent cheeses in existence. Limburger Cheese was originally created by Belgian Trappist Monks in the 1800s in the Limburg region of Belgium. By 1830, many German cheesemakers began copying Limburger cheese due to its popularity. The classic St. Mang Bavarian Made Limburger is a washed rind cheese specialty that develops a mild to bold flavor, depending on the stage of maturity. The pungent smell comes from a particular strain of bacteria that grows on the surface of the cheese. The paste of Limburger is smooth, creamy, with a hint of sweetness. The flavor profile is almost Brie-like, with hints of grass and tanginess.
Looking for delicious and unique snacks to fit your keto lifestyle? Look no further! This Wisconsin cheese has 0 carbs and a high protein content which makes it perfect for your keto diet.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Rye bread, Red onion, Mustard, Strawberry jam
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized whole milk, contains less than 2% of cheese cultures, salt, calcium chloride, and enzymes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.