Our Master Cheesemaker Collection Gift Basket features a magnificent selection of seven cheeses made by certified Master Cheesemakers of Wisconsin. With a wide range of flavors featured, this gift basket includes flavored, sharp, crumbly, and creamy cheeses. Each cheese is made from a different Wisconsin Master Cheesemaker, showcasing the broad range of cheesemaking styles from these cheesemaking experts.
The Master Cheesemaker Collection Gift Basket includes:
Sweet: Maple Leaf’s Blueberry Cheddar
- White Cheddar cheese mixed with Wisconsin blueberries
- Smooth: Decatur Dairy’s Muenster
- Mild semi-soft cheese with a smooth and creamy texture
- Squeaky: Carr Valley’s Bread Cheese
- Buttery cheese with a crust on the outside from baking; serve warm for a squeaky texture
- Creamy: Widmer’s Mild Brick
- Mild and sweet cheese with a rich and creamy texture
- Earthy: Kase Meister’s Wild Morel & Leek Jack
- Classic monterey jack cheese infused with morel mushrooms and leeks
- Sharp: Roelli’s Red Rock Cheddar
- A unique cheddar and blue cheese combination, cellar aged to enhance its rich flavor
- Fruity: Sartori’s MontAmore
- Sweet and creamy cheese with hints of pineapple and tropical fruits balanced by a tangy bite on the finish
Wisconsin’s Master Cheesemaker program is the only one of its kind outside of Europe. To become a certified Master Cheesemaker, one must first be need to have possessed a cheesemaker’s license in Wisconsin for at least 10 years, and also reside in Wisconsin to be accepted into the program. Once accepted, these cheesemakers undergo a rigorous three-year course study and practical apprenticeship administered by the Center for Dairy Research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
All these cheeses are packaged in a Wisconsin-made wooden box. The Master Cheesemaker Collection includes 3 ¾ pounds of cheese.