- Age: 60+ days
- Country: Italy
- Flavor Profile: Sharp and nutty
- Milk Type: Sheep, Goat
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Rennet: Animal
Moliterno is an Italian, hard, pecorino cheese. The cheese is aged at least 60 days, and is made with both sheep and goat's milk. Moliterno is part of the Canestrato family of cheeses, which are aged in baskets, imparting a uniquely patterned rind. The basket aging process prevents the liquid from dissipating too quickly from the cheese, ensuring that the cheese retains the original flavor of the milk.
Moliterno has a sharp, full, and nutty flavor that increases in sharpness and becomes slightly spicy with aging. It makes for a fantastic table cheese served with fresh, raw vegetables and pears, but also works well grated on pastas and soups.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
Raw vegetables, Pears, On top of pasta and soup
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Sheep's milk, goat's milk, cultures, salt, rennet.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.