Mascarpone and Sharp Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
A quick, easy take on a classic! This easy, creamy macaroni and cheese uses Mascarpone and cheddar cheese mixed in milk to create a silky smooth sauce for a quick and delicious dinner - ready in less than 20 minutes!
16oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces Two Year Sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
|1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.|
|2. Meanwhile, melt butter with cream over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in mascarpone and cheddar until melted.|
|3. Stir in macaroni. Season with salt and pepper to taste.|
- Adjust the age of the Cheddar cheese to your personal preference - want it sharper? Try it with 5 Year Aged Cheddar! Looking for something a little milder? Use our Medium Aged Cheddar - aged about 6-9 months.
- If you have a little extra time, top with some buttered panko breadcrumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the mixture bubbles for a delicious added crunch!
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin