This Southwestern pasta salad is a light but filling dish perfect for hot summer days! Enjoy as a light lunch, or add shredded chicken for an easy, delicious dinner.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked mini farfalle or bow tie pasta
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans* (15.25 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups medium salsa
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
|1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.|
|2. Meanwhile, stir 1 cup yogurt and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.|
3. Combine the pasta, black beans, corn and cheese in a large bowl.
|4. Whisk the salsa, cilantro, remaining yogurt and lime juice in another large bowl. Pour over pasta mixture; gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.|
*Want to use fresh corn? Grill or boil eight medium ears of corn and cut kernels off the cob to use in place of canned corn!
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin