- Age: Young
- Flavor Profile: Mild and sweet
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Theresa, WI
- Rennet: Vegetarian
Brick cheese is a Wisconsin original cheese. John Jossi, a Swiss-born American cheese maker, invented it in 1877. He taught the recipe for Brick cheese to a dozen other Wisconsin dairies, and it was later sold to Kraft. Although many variations of Brick cheese are made today, only a small percentage of it is authentic, with a distinct, traditional flavor. Original Wisconsin Brick cheese is smear-ripened to develop a full, earthy flavor with maturity. This Wisconsin Mild Brick cheese is a young version of the authentic, cellar-ripened brick. The flavor is mild and sweet, which makes it an extremely versatile cheese. The texture is rich and creamy, and this Brick cheese melts beautifully. Made by Widmer’s Cheese Cellars in Theresa, Wisconsin.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Amber Ale, American Pale Lager, Stout, Saison Ale
Beaujolais, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, and annatto color
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.