Spice up your sides with this delicious Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad. Featuring fresh vegetables, creamy blue cheese, and zippy buffalo sauce, this unique pasta salad is great as a side, or delicious on it's own!
1 package (12 ounces) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese, crumbled* (9 ounces)
- Pepper to taste
|1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.|
|2. Combine the pasta, chicken, celery, carrots, and green onions in a large bowl.|
|3. Whisk the yogurt, wing sauce, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup blue cheese. Season with pepper to taste. Pour over pasta mixture; gently toss to coat.|
|4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving.|
|5. Gently fold in remaining blue cheese just before serving.|
- *If the blue cheese is moist and not crumbling well, try placing in the freezer for up to one hour then crumble with a fork.
- For a mess-free method of crumbling your own blue cheese, break off chunks and crumble them inside a plastic bag with your fingers. You can keep them stored in the same bag!
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin