While many people may say that cheese and fish do not go well together, we're here to prove them wrong. The combination of sweet maple syrup glazed salmon, fresh roasted vegetables and a sprinkling of Cheddar makes for a simple, healthy, and delicious dinner! To make things even better, everything comes together on one sheet pan in less than 20 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight dinner.
4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Broccolini or broccoli spears, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces Aged Cheddar, finely shredded (1 cup)
|1. Heat oven to 400°F.|
|2. Place salmon on a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange Broccolini and tomatoes around fillets.|
|3. Whisk the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic and remaining salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon half of the maple mixture over salmon and vegetables.|
|4. Bake for 10 minutes. Spoon remaining maple mixture over salmon. Bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily.|
|5. Sprinkle salmon and vegetables with cheddar. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.|
- Try changing up your vegetables! Asparagus, cauliflower, or mushrooms would all work wonderfully.
- Try with another cheese type - a nutty Gouda or Gruyere cheese would also pair well with the fish and vegetables.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin