- Flavor Profile: Tart and salty
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Weyauwega, WI
- Rennet: Vegetarian
Feta cheese was first made in Greece from sheep or goat milk. Wisconsin cheesemakers typically produce Feta from cow's milk, making it a touch less assertive, tart or gamy, and a bit lighter than most imported Feta cheeses. Star Dairy's traditional feta cheese uses cows milk, and is packed in brine (salt and water) after production. Due to it's brining process, Feta cheese is often referred to as 'pickled curd cheese', and this process gives Feta cheese its signature tart, salty flavor with a crumbly, yet moist, texture. Made by Weyauwega Star Dairy in Weyauwega, WI. Star Dairy has been operated by the Knaus family since 1975.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Belgian-style witbier, Belgian-style blonde
Asparagus, Red pepper, Zucchini, Olives, Tomatoes, Pita bread
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized Part-Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.