- Country: Cyprus
- Flavor Profile: Salty and creamy
- Milk Type: Cow, Sheep & Goat
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Rennet: Vegetarian
Halloumi is a semi-hard, unripened, brined cheese made from a mixture of cow, sheep, and goat's milk. Halloumi has a high melting point, so it can easily be fried or grilled. The texture is similar to mozzarella or thick feta, except that it has a strong, salty flavor from the brine preserve. Cooking the Halloumi removes all its saltiness and empowers it with a creamy texture. Originating from Cyprus, Halloumi is commonly served in a watermelon salad during warmer months due to its crisp freshness. It is also fantastic when grilled or pan seared.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Pale Ale, Belgian Tripel
Riesling Spätlese, Gewürztraminer, Chardonnay, Soave, Sauvignon Blanc, Grüner Veltliner, Arneis
Watermelon, Lemon, Honey, Pomegranate, Mint
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized cow's milk, pasteurized sheep's milk, pasteurized goat's milk, salt, chymosin, dried mint
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.