- Flavor Profile: Buttery and slightly tart
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Muscoda, WI
- Rennet: Vegetarian
This Monterey Jack is enhanced with Morel and Leek. It is known for its delicate, buttery, slightly tart flavor and creamy, open texture. Slice for sandwiches or eat with a tasty cracker, this cheese's earthy flavor from the morel mushrooms is an excellent compliment to the creamy flavor and texture of the Monterey Jack. It's delicious bubbling over your favorite chowders or steamed vegetables or on top of a gourmet cheeseburger.
David Jacks, a Scottish immigrant and dairy-owner in Monterey, California popularized and commercialized Monterey Jack in the 1890s. What was originally known as Jacks Cheese was soon called Monterey Jack by Californians who wanted to get their hands on some of this newly popular cheese. Wisconsin leads all other states in the production of Monterey Jack.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Crackers, Crusty bread, Summer Sausage
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Mushroom Blend, Leeks, Parsley, Cheese Cultures, Enzymes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.