- Flavor Profile: Mild and buttery
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Grantsburg, WI
- Rennet: Vegetarian
Provolone cheese is closely related to mozzarella cheese in both technique and flavor. Early Wisconsin cheesemakers originally used ropes to hang and cure provolone cheese. The ropes made it easy for cheesemakers to then transport the provolone cheese by horseback. This Wisconsin provolone is crafted using fresh, local cow's milk, brined, and hung to age in special state-of-the-art curing rooms. Younger provolone cheese is mild, buttery, and slightly piquant. More aged provolone cheese has an irresistibly sharp flavor. Provolone cheese makes a delicious sandwich, goes great on a beef roast, or melted on top of cauliflower.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Riesling, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
Olives, roasted red peppers, chargrilled artichokes, and spicy chili jams or chutneys
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized milk, salt, calcium chloride, microbial enzyme, bacterial culture, lipase
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.