- Flavor Profile: Mild and salty
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Chilton, WI
- Rennet: Vegetarian
Unlike its grocery store cousin this string cheese is made the old fashioned way. First it's kneaded like salt water taffy, extruded into rope and then most importantly soaked in brine (salt water) to dry it and give it a salty taste.
This is a popular snack cheese. It is a favorite with children because it is fun to pull apart the strings that make up the rod shapes so they can be eaten individually. For those on a low-sodium diet, soaking string cheese in water will remove some of the salt content. Like many semisoft cheeses, it can be kept refrigerated for up to two weeks.
mozzarella mozarella mozz mozerella moz
Enjoy with a glass of...
Saison, Belgian Trappist
Sauvignon Blanc, Vermentino, Chenin Blanc Dry, Pinot Grigio
Tomatoes, Roasted Peppers, Peaches, Berries, Olives
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Allergens: Milk
- Ingredients: Pasteurized part-skim milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.