- Flavor Profile: Grassy, mild with notes of mushroom
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Monroe, WI
- Rennet: Vegetarian
PLEASE NOTE: Due to high demand, younger Limburger is being shipped out. The cheese will continue to ripen and age in refrigeration.
Limburger cheese is a soft, surface ripened cheese. Limburger cheese is world renowned for being one of the most pungent cheeses in existence. Although there were 100s of Wisconsin cheese plants making Limburger cheese just 50 years ago, Chalet Cheese in Monroe Wisconsin operates the last Limburger cheese plant in the United States. Though Limburger cheese is definitely categorized among those foods that are an 'acquired taste,' Limburger cheese has legions of fans. It can taste very strong, spicy and aromatic, but this can be controlled by the frequency of washings, and the amount of aging time. There is a hint of sweetness to this cheese as well. When chilled, it does not have such a pronounced odor.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Rye bread, Red onion, Mustard, Strawberry jam
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Pasteurized whole milk, contains less than 2% of cheese cultures, salt, calcium chloride, and enzymes
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.