- Age: 12 months
- Flavor Profile: Buttery, nutty & smooth
- Milk Type: Cow
- Pasteurization: Pasteurized
- Region: Lincolnshire, IL
- Rennet: Vegetarian
Asiago is an Italian cow’s milk cheese that varies in texture depending on its age. A young Asiago cheese typically has a smooth texture, while aged versions are crumbly. Asiago cheese is often used for grating atop salads, pastas, and soups. Stella makes a wonderful Aged Asiago cheese right here in Wisconsin. This Wisconsin Asiago cheese is buttery, nutty, and smooth, and its aging process lends to a sharper, more robust flavor than Parmesan cheese, although the two cheeses are similar in taste. Stella Aged Asiago cheese has been aged for more than 12 months, giving the cheese a dense, brittle, and crumbly consistency. Each vacuum packed piece is eight ounces of quality Wisconsin made Aged Asiago cheese. The Stella brand has a rich heritage of Italian cheesemaking, dating back to 1923.
Enjoy with a glass of...
Cider, Fruit beers, Pilsners, Pale ales, Lighter Belgian ales
Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah
INGREDIENTS & ALLERGENS:
- Ingredients: Asiago old cheese (cultured pasteurized part skim milk, salt, enzymes)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.